Teacher Assistant | School assistant Jobs in All Provinces 2022
In this post we are going to tell you everything you need to know about the Teaching assistant and School assistant job opportunities including how to apply and about the interview questions.
We will tell you exactly what you need in order to stand a high chance of landing this job with added advantage.
We will expose all those little secrets that those who got this job will never tell you about.If you follow exactly , those who run the program will have no choice but to give you this job.
South African National Department of Basic Education
The department of basic education has started , Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI) as part of addressing the high unemployment rate to South African youth.
This initiative aims to give youth a better chance to earn while gaining work experience.
What is a Teacher assistant?
A teacher assistant is someone who works under a professional teacher’s supervision to give students additional attention and instruction.
What does Teacher assistant do?
Sometimes if a teacher wants to introduce a new lesson to the learners, a teacher assistant will help reinforce the lesson by working with learners individually or with small groups of learners making the job of the teacher a little bit easy.
Normally , before the teacher introduces a new lesson , they should first brief the assistant about the objectives /goal of that activity , so then there will be no conflict . The teacher assistant also needs to familiarise themselves with the right lessons and material the learners are supposed to cover in class.
What is a School assistant ?
Job Purpose: To provide administrative support to the school and assist teachers by supporting learners with their educational and social developmental needs as well as promoting a safe and secure learning and teaching environment.
Roles and responsibilities for teacher assistants and school assistants?
- Provide support to the teacher ,such as typing, photocopying, distribution of teaching materials,capturing data,filing,recordkeeping,etc.
- Support the teacher with technical preparation of the classroom for teaching and learning and ensure that teaching materials are available and ready for use.
- Oversee learners in and out of the classroom settings such as in the library,laboratory,school events and during lunch breaks.
- Provide after school support to learners,such as homework classes,sports events,cultural activities and school trips.
- Provide services to maintain a safe,secure and clean classroom environment in promotion of the COVID-19 standard operating procedures.
- Carry out administrative tasks as required by the school.
- Infrastructure Data Collection And Collation.
This is the little secrets i was talking about ,if your serious about this job , you have to be:
- Good organisational skills.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Basic IT skills.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Patience,confidence and a compassionate attitude.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to manage groups of learners and deal with challenging behaviour.
- Ability to communicate in English and one other official language.
Also read this booklet for more deep , knowledge about this Job opportunities
How to apply
To apply this position you need to:
- Visit https://sayouth.datafree.co/p/nyda
- Enter your ID number – if your ID already exists on the system, you may have registered with SA Youth or Harambee or Tshepo 1Million before. Please go back to click on Login and use your ID number and existing password.
- Once you have registered and accepted the T&Cs, please complete all questions. This process will take you about 4 minutes.
- After completing all questions, various opportunities available near you will be displayed. Please click on an opportunity you are interested and and apply.
Click on the profile icon to add any more information such as educational qualifications and/or work experience.