Candidates Eligible For NSFAS Application 2023
Are you a South African Citizen Planning to Study in 2023 or currently studying at a public university or TVET college and you meet the following criteria, you are eligible to apply for the NSFAS bursary via online application form 2023
NSFAS Application qualification Criteria 2023
- If you are a SASSA Grant Recipient
- If your combined household income is not more than R350,000 per year
- A person with disability with a combined household income of note more than R600,000
- A student who begins their university studies before 2018 and their household income is not more than R122,000 per year.
Documents Needed for NSFAS Application 2023
The National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) online application 2023 academic year opens now and closes 31 of January 2023. All those who want to apply for NSFAS online 2023 should visit www.nsfas.org.za. The form can also be downloaded in PDF format.
What are the documents required to apply for NSFAS 2023?
- You must provide a copy of your ID or Birth Certificate
- Copies of your guardian, parents or Spouse ID
- A proof of your income or 1 years IRPS if needed
- SASSA grant recipient are not supposed to provide proof of income
- Provide your own valid cellphone number and a working email address
- Recognised students as a Vulnerable Child by the department of Social Development should provide a completed and signed Vulnerable child Declaration and consent form
What will NSFAS cover in 2023
- Food and meals
- School Fees
How to Apply for NSFAS for the 2023 academic year ?
To apply for the Nsfas bursary,
- Go to the NSFAS website
- Download an Application form
- Or Click on “register”
- Complete the required fields (ID number, cellphone number and email address) Upload supporting documents
- Upload a copy of your ID or birth certificate.
- If you are uploading a copy of a Smart ID, please ensure that both sides are visible on the copy
Good day fam, please note that applications for NSFAS funding for the 2023 academic year will close on January 31, 2023. Please visit our website and apply on time.#ItsInYourHands #NSFAS2023 pic.twitter.com/t59oUhOtIf— NSFAS (@myNSFAS) September 30, 2022
How to create a new NSFAS account ?
To create a new NSFAS account
- Go to NSFAS website
- Click on ‘register’
- Type in first names (as per ID number)
- Type in Surname (as per ID number)
- Type in your ID number (will your username)
- Type in your own Email address
- Type in your own Cell Phone number
- Accept terms and conditions Tick the box provided, to allow NSFAS to check the information provided (compulsory)
- Create a Password, To (protect your account)
NB : ID number, Names and Surname is validated against the Department of Home Affairs database. Only valid South African ID information will be accepted.